Requirements- Group size should be 6-12.
- The program should be run by the candidates themselves
- Attend a retreat.
- Optional Service Projects.
- Interviews with religious leaders.
The Pope Pius XII book can be purchased at your local Boy Scout Shop or by contacting the Catholic Committee on Scouting (email).
- Complete requirements for all units in Pope Pius XII Religious Emblem Scout Manual
- Pass a Pope Pius XII Board of Review.
- Pope Pius XII Board of Review is made up of former Pope Pius XII recipients with adult leaders acting in an advisory and supervisory capacity.
The emblem will be presented to your Cub Scout at a formal ceremony and Mass. The location may vary from year to year. Each scout will be given their emblem by the Bishop during the Award Mass. Following the Mass there will be get together to share food and drinks. Scouts will have an opportuntity to have their picture taken with the Bishop. Please see the calendar for the exact date and location.
- Use the Moderator Guide
- Form the group.
- Act as facilitator, not group leaders.
- Help the candidate focus on essential elements and important issues.
As an older Scout, the candidate is expected to actively work as a group. The group elects a leader that not only leads in group sessions, but also makes the arrangements for interviews, tours, and schedules.
BSA requires two-deep leadership. As the moderator is used as a resource, instead of the primary group leader, parents should make themselves available to be the second adult.
Suggested Time Requirements
It is suggested that the group meet for seven to twelve sessions. Although there is no suggested length, sessions should be planned for a 6-8 month period.