All young people who are interested in participating in a religious program can follow the guidelines below. Please contact a member of Diocese of Nashville Catholic Committee on Scouting if you have any additional questions.
1. Decide which program is appropriate. You will find the Cub Scout and Boy Scout Award programs under the menu link "Boys" at both the top and left of each webpage. You will find the Girl Scout Award programs under the menu link "Girls" at both the top and left of each webpage. The International Awards are open to all youth and adults. Likewise, the Rosary Patch program is also open to all youth and adults.
2. Purchase the workbook for the program. Each scout will require his/her
own workbook. Boy Scout workbooks can be purchased from your local scout
3. Contact the CCOS member listed below for further assistance in the
programs. Some programs require that the scout work with a registered
religious program counselor. The Girl Scouts and Camp Fire require that
all religious counselors be registered with the council office. For the
Cub Scout emblems, a parent can serve
4. Complete all requirements in the workbook by the deadline (see the CCOS Calendar) to qualify for the recognition ceremony. Emblems for Boy Scouts/Venture/Explorers may also require completing a board of review .
5. The Cub Scout and younger Girl Scout/Camp Fire programs typically take 3-4 months to complete. The Boy Scout and older Girl Scout/Camp Fire programs can take from 5-6 months to complete. See the specific award program on this website for detail information.
6. Complete the application form in the workbook, which requires the signatures of the scout, a parent, and the pastor. Send the completed application form, and the required fees for the medals, to the contact person listed below. The contact person will know the current cost of the medals.
Or email us at: Catholic Committee on Scouting (for the Diocese of Nashville)