"the best way to reach a man's heart is through his stomach."
Here we are with a recipe
that I hope can reach many hearts
so that they may eventually find a taste for the ultimate goodness
that is found in the love and service of their Creator et Saviour.
For a tasty Lasagna "Glen Nevis style"
(6 servings and a little more)
1. Mix ½ tsp. salt and 2 tbsps. vegetable oil into 1/4 cup water.
2. 1/8 cup corn flour, 1/8 cup spelt flour, 1/8 cup oat flour and the rest in unbleached flour to make 2 cups in all.
3. Mix the above and kneed a few minutes. The dough must become firm like plasticine.
4. In a very large pot boil lots a large amount of water with a bit of salt.5. Method:
5. Gradually spread dough with a rolling pin on counter top ; when dough becomes almost paper thin, cut into 5" x 3" strips as you go along and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse pasta strips in cold water ; spread them on oiled counter top or table. A bit of oil in between the pastas will prevent them from sticking.
6. The sauce: mix together canned crushed tomatoes and small tin of tomato paste together. I often substitute the tomato paste for ready made sauce "Classico" brand since it usually does not add sugar to the ingredients).
7. (Spread a bit of the sauce in bottom of baking dish to prevent pasta from sticking).
Place one layer of lasagna pasta cut with scissors to fit the shape of the dishes used and spread more sauce on top.
8. Sprinkle a bit of Herbamare by Bioforce (sea salt ; organic spices - mostly organic but the essential ones I find are: chives, parsley, garlic, basil, marjoram, rosemary ∓ thyme).
9. Spread finely chopped onions and green peppers.
10. Add already cooked hamburger meat.
11. Spread thin slices of fresh mushrooms.
12. Spread shredded or thin slices of mozzarella, cheddar cheese etc.13. For next layer, repeat the steps from no.7.
14. Place in 350 F pre-heated oven for 25 minutes ; grill at 550 F during last 2 minutes.
Experience and creativity will contribute to produce a very good lasagna.
Fr. Dan +M