* * *
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GOD
1. I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour's goods.
THE TWO PRECEPTS OF CHARITY
1. You shall love the Lord with all your heart and with all your mind.
2. You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
THE EVANGELICAL BEATITUDES
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth.
3. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
4. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice, for they shall be satisfied.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
6. Blessed are the clean of heart, for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
8. Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Mt 5, 3-10).
THE FIVE PRECEPTS OF THE CHURCH
1. You shall attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
2. You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
3. You shall humbly receive your Creator in Holy Communion at least during the Easter season.
4. You shall fast and abstain on the appointed days.
5. You shall provide for the material needs of the Church.
(cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church 2041-2043).
THE SEVEN CORPORAL WORKS OF MERCY
1. Feed the hungry.
2. Give drink to the thirsty.
3. Clothe the naked.
4. Shelter the homeless.
5. Visit the sick.
6. Visit the imprisoned.
7. Bury the dead.
THE SEVEN SPIRITUAL WORKS OF MERCY
1. Counsel the doubtful.
2. Instruct the ignorant.
3. Admonish the sinner.
4. Comfort the sorrowful.
5. Forgive injuries.
6. Bear wrongs patiently.
7. Pray for the living and the dead.
THE SEVEN CAPITAL SINS
1. Pride. 2. Covetousness. 3. Lust. 4. Anger. 5. Gluttony. 6. Envy. 7. Sloth.
THE SIX SINS AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Despair of salvation (of God's mercy).
2. Presuming to obtain salvation without meriting it.
3. Resisting truths which have been made known to us.
4. Envy of the graces received by others.
5. Obstinacy in one's sins.
6. Final impenitence.
THE FOUR SINS THAT CRY TO HEAVEN FOR VENGEANCE
1. Voluntary murder (homicide, suicide, abortion).
2. The sin of impurity against nature (sodomy).
3. Taking advantage of the poor.
4. Defrauding a worker of his/her wages.
Welcome | What's new? | Tidbits | Bookmarks | Email
Bienvenue | NouveautÚs | Un peu de tout| Favoris | Courriel
Benvenuto | NovitÓ| Un p˛ di tutto | Links | Email