St. Peter Julian Eymard was the first to refer to Mary as "Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament" in 1856. The statue in our church is an example of the one described by St. Peter.
A parishioner, Henry Kopacki, saved our statue from the demolition of the original Catholic Church in West Point. This 1925 statue remained in his barn for over 25 years.
In 1998, while Father Jim Arsenault was restoring the old convent and school, Mr. Kopacki told him of the statue in his barn. Father Jim took it to Baltimore where it was professionally restored. It stands today, as depicted in the picture, in the rear of our church.