Fr. German Lemos was born in the town of Tanga, in the country of Tanzania in 1930. His parents were the Late Joseph Francis Lemos and Late Maria Angelica Lemos. At the age of 3, the young lad returned to Goa, India. He went to school at St. Sebastian's High School in Dabul, Girgaum. From there He completed his S.S.C in 1950.
Along with his schooling, in 1948 at the age of 18 he took up service with the Bombay Chamber of Commerce. He worked there until 1952. In 1952, at the age of 22, he felt a call to join the Priestly vocation. The young 'German Lemos' joined the Bombay Diocesan Seminary in Goregaon, where he did his priestly studies.
He was ordained on December 21st, 1960 at St. Pius College, Goregaon, Bombay. He was first appointed as an assistant parish priest at Our Lady of Victories Church, Mahim. He served there from 1961 to 1970. Later, he served as assistant Parish Priest at Mt. Carmel Church, Bandra from 1970 to 1972; at Holy Family Church, Cotton Green from 1972 to 1973; at St. Jude's Church, Malad from 1973 to 1974; at St. Joseph's Church, Colaba from 1974 to 1976 and in 1976 for a few months at Our Lady of Rosary Church, Mazgaon.
While serving at Our Lady of Rosary Church, Fr. Lemos was called to be a Parish Priest at St. Joseph's Church, Umerkhadi. Fr. Lemos served as the Parish Priest from 1976 to 1980. After that he became the Parish Priest at Infant Jesus Church, Pantnagar, Ghatkopar where he served from 1980 to 1986. Then he was made the Parish Priest at St. John's Church, Marol from 1986 to 1992. Later, He became an assistant Parish Priest at Our Lady of Egypt Church, Kalina from 1992 to 1999. It was from Kalina that he came to Parksite and took up responsibility as the Parish Priest at St. Francis Xavier Church in June 1999.
Fr. German, though initially reluctant to serve here took up his responsibility with discipline and grace. Father was the primary reason and inspiration for the success for the fund raising drive for our parish. Father lead us to collect a substantial amount for this purpose, though he would attribute this to the Lord's inspiration. After serving us for two years, Father had requested a transfer for health and age reasons, to the Archbishop. Father said mass at Parksite for the last time on August 31, 2001. Father is now based at Our Lady of Gloria Church, Byculla, Mumbai.